An interview with Trevor Twining: Freelancer Coach
Trevor Twining (rhymes w/ FINE-ing) has freelanced for almost two decades. He coaches freelancers to build profitable practices, particularly improving sales skills. Trevor hosts Freelance Foundations, a podcast that helps freelancers with both tactical and strategic issues. His own freelance practice focuses on podcast editing. He lives in Canada’s Niagara Region.
1. In your blog titled “3 Essential Freelancer Tactics for Getting Paid’ you talk about the importance of getting at least a 50% deposit before starting work. Can you explain how you ask for that 50% and why 50%?
2. What are some warning signs that a freelancer isn’t charging enough?
3. What are you doing now to fill your time?
4. Tell me about the mission for the freelance foundation podcast
5. How can our audience follow you online?